DTU to conduct online admissions for BTech & MTech

DTU to conduct online admissions
Delhi Technological University (formerly Delhi College of Engineering) is all set to carry out Admissions for 2013-14 for B.Tech, M.Tech and Ph.D programs. As in last year, DTU will carry out online admissions for the 15 UG programs of the University on the basis of merit ranks of Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main), 2013.

This year the Board of Management has also decided to create one seat over and above the sanctioned intake in every Undergraduate engineering programmes, for admission to the Central/State Board topper to provide high opportunities of topper of Central/State Board to study in DTU.


It may be mentioned that DTU is the only university where not only topper but single girl child has been offered one seat over and above the sanctioned intake in all its undergraduate engineering programmes. The Board of Management has decided to double the number of Ph.D fellowships at DTU from 50 to 100keeping in view the requirement of Ph.Ds at national level.

The online system shall facilitate the candidates to first register for admission and then submit their choices of the preferred branches online. The system will be fully secured and the candidates would be able to obtain their admission status from anywhere using the internet facility.

The candidates who have been declared eligible for central counseling by the CBSE and have secured60% or more marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics shall be eligible for admission. 85% of total seats will be available for the candidates from Delhi Region and remaining 15% seats will be for the candidates from outside Delhi Region.

Other than reservation for SC, ST, OBC, persons with disabilities, children of war widows/personnel of armed/paramilitary forces killed/disabled and Kashmiri Migrants. One seat over and above normal intake in each branch is earmarked reserved for Single Girl Child from Delhi Region. For B.Tech, M.Tech and Ph.D. admissions, DTU admission website will be operational from April 8, 2013.The admission process will begin soon after the declaration of JEE(Main) 2013 results.

The admission process shall be rolled out in the beginning of month of April and all admissions will be completed by 31st July, 2013. The academic session shall began from 1st August, 2013 as per the existing practice.

A notable feature of DTU UG and PG programs is that DTU is laying a high emphasis on synergy between science and engineering. Its newly introduced programs like Engineering Physics, Mathematics and Computing at UG level, Microwave and Optical Communication, Nano Science and Technology, VLSI Design and Embedded System, Software Engineering, Information systems and Bio-Informatics at PG levels are designed to provide a profound understanding of the science base of modern engineering alongside with an application bias for design and development of advanced engineering.

Prof. P.B. Sharma, Vice Chancellor of DTU said, "with its focus on industry relevance and strong interface of science and engineering, the DTU UG and PG programs are aimed at preparing the engineers of tomorrow. Our thrust is on quality of education and on culture of research and innovation right from UG onwards".

The 15 UG programs of the University include conventional disciplines of Mechanical Engineering, Civil engineering, Electrical Engineering and also the Applied Engineering disciplines such as Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Environmental Engineering,Software Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Automobile Engineering,Polymer Science and Chemical Technology and Mathematics and Computing. The PG programs cover VLSI Design and Embedded Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Microwave and Optical Communication, Polymer Technology, Power Systems,Signal Processing and Digital Design, Geo-Technical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Nano Science and Technology and Bio-Informatics.

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X