The programme designed to be a top-of-the-line course, enables students to learn the art of reporting, writing, editing, designing, scripting, programming etc in its state-of-the-art facilities - which includes a fully-functional news room and a TV studio enabling students to get exposure on all aspects of print publishing, online content systems and TV programming.
Programmes offered: (Specializations: Candidates must select any one of the following three programmes)
- Business- Includes Applied Communications
- General- Includes various areas like entertainment, lifestyle, city, politics and more.
- Any graduate with minimum 45% in graduation. Those with less than 45% but having relevant experience will also be considered. Those in their Final Year of Graduation can also apply (Final year marksheet/proof of graduation has to be submitted by them by December 31, 2013)
Age Limit: Not more than 28 years. Age limit can be relaxed for those with relevant experience.
- English: 8 months of class-room teaching, 1 month of winter training and 3 months of paid internship at any Times Group brand (location as per choice of student).
- Hindi: 6 months of class-room teaching and 6 months of paid internship at our leading flagship daily - Navbharat Times
*Courses commences in the end of July 2013 and concludes in the end of July-2014.
How To Apply:
- Application forms must be downloaded from the net and sent to us with requisite copies of certificates and exam fee (non-refundable). Applicants can choose their choice of location for test and interview and also have to attach a write-up on why they want to do this course.
- Application Fees Rs 500 (non-refundable) to be paid by way of Demand Draft drawn on Times Centre for Media and Management Studies and payable at New Delhi
Selection Procedure: The students are selected based on a All-India written examination, which is followed by personal interview at Delhi and other metros. Students can download the form from the website and submit a non-refundable fee for appearing for the exams. They also need to attach copies of relevant certificates with the application form and also answer why they are interested in doing the course.
Entrance exam dates are as follows:
- English Stream: May 11, 2013 - All centres (including Delhi) and June 1, 2013 - Delhi only
- Hindi Stream: June 8, 2013 - All centres (including Delhi)
- English: Rs 2,45,000 (Service Tax @ 12.36% extra)
- Hindi: Rs 2,00,000 (Service Tax @ 12.36% extra)
- Caution Money: Rs 10,000 (Refundable)
- Instalments: Rs 1,00,000 on admission. Balance in 2 equal instalments - first to be paid within 30 days of admission and rest within 2 month of admission.
Please Note: Reasonable grace period will be given to those who are applying for education loans.
*Last Date to submit application forms: April 30, 2013
For More details please contact:
Address: Times School of Journalism,10, Daryaganj, New Delhi 110002
Telephone: +91 11 23273514, +91 11 39843369