The Indian Maritime University, came into being through an Act of Parliament (Act 22) on 14th November 2008 as a Central University and is poised to play a key role in the development of trained human resource for the maritime sector. 14th November is celebrated as 'IMU Day' every year.
The courses are offered in:
School of Nautical Sciences:
- DNS Course leading to B.Sc Nautical Science
- B.Sc in Nautical Science (3 years)
- B.Sc Maritime Science (3 Years)
School of Marine Engineering:
- B.Tech in Marine Engineering (4 years)
- PG Diploma in Marine Engineering (1 year)
School of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering:
- B.Sc Ship Building and Repair (3 years)
- B.Tech Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering (2 years)
- M.Tech Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering (2 years)
- M.Tech Dredging & Harbour Engineering (2 years)
School of Marine Management:
- MBA in Port & Shipping (2 years)
- MBA in Logistics (2 years)
- MBA in Infrastructure (2 years)
School of Marine Law:
- LL.M in Maritime Law (2 years)
- The candidate must be 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 50% in PCM subjects and 50% in English subjects of marks from a recognized Board or University.
- Candidates appeared for final examination and awaiting results can also apply.
- Candidates should have a age minimum 17 years/ Maximum 25 years. Age relaxation for SC/ST 5 years.
Candidates should have a Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline with 50% of marks from a recognized university.
Candidates will be selected based on performance on IMU CET.
How to apply:
Last date for the submission of application form is May 10, 2013.
Date of CET Exam on June 01, 2013.