All candidates who appeared for the Offline GATE Papers (CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, PI) can view their ORS and submit a rebuttal between March 01 to 05, 2013. No requests sent after this deadline will be entertained.
GATE Offline ORS View:
An automated image scanning method has been employed for reading the responses filled by the candidates in the Optical Response Sheet (ORS) for the GATE 2013 offline examination papers (CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, PI) (Note: this is only for Offline GATE papers.
For Online GATE papers this is not required as the responses are directly captured by the software from the candidate's action on the computer screen). Sufficient care has been taken to eliminate errors during the scanning process. However, if there is a difference between the bubbled option in the ORS and the response read by the software, the candidate can make a rebuttal request to recheck the ORS.
- A web based view of the ORS image and responses captured will be available for candidate's view between March 01 to 05, 2013. Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to view the responses. Some versions of IE (Internet Explorer) may not display it correctly.
- If there are any discrepancies in the response captured, candidates must keep a Demand Draft (DD) ready (see details below) and submit online the rebuttal along with the DD details.
- The registration number bubbles have also been validated to the extent possible by automated methods. In case it is found that the image of the ORS displayed does not belong to the candidate logged in (because the registration number was wrongly bubbled), candidates must call the Zonal GATE office immediately.
Optical Response Sheet view:
- Depending on which GATE Zone city you appeared for the GATE Offline examination, you must use the corresponding institutes link to view your ORS.
- Use your Eight digit registration number as the login ID. Example 72041783. Do not use the Paper code such as CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, PI.
- Use your Date of Birth, you filled in your GATE Online Application form, in the DD-MM-YYYY format. Example if your DOB is 3 June 1989, you must enter it as: 03-06-1989. If you have entered a wrong DOB while applying, you must call the Zonal GATE office, identify your self with the questions asked, and find out the DOB they have in their records.
Submitting a Rebuttal:
- Carefully check the bubbled responses against the captured responses. It may help to take a print out of the page to do so.
- If you find any discrepancy, and you would like it to be rectified, you must first approach a local bank and get a Demand Draft for Rs. 1,000/- in favour of the corresponding account mentioned above.
- Login to the site again, and click on the question numbers for which you think the response has been captured incorrectly.
- When you submit the request, you will be given an opportunity to confirm the question numbers again. Here, you must also fill in the Demand Draft (DD) details, and then submit the rebuttal.
- The demand draft must be mailed to the corresponding Zonal GATE office address only by Speed Post and the post must be dated on or before 5 March 2013.
- Both the DD and the postal mark on the envelope should be dated on or before 5th March 2013.
- Requests for rechecking of the ORS can be made on the respective GATE websites strictly between 1st March 2013 (10:00 hrs) and 5th March, 2013 (18:00 hrs). After March 05, 2013, no requests for rechecking of ORS will be entertained.
- Requests for rechecking the ORS will be considered only for the discrepancies related to the responses for the bubbles filled by the candidate using the correct method for bubbling as given in the ORS.