Metaphysics and Epistemology : Candidates will be expected to be familiar with theories and types of Epistemology and Metapysics-lndian and Westem-with special reference to the following :
(a) Western - . Idealism; Realism; Absolutism; Empiricism, Rationalism; Logica; ‘L' Positivism; Analysis; Phenomenology; Existentialism and pragmatism.
(b) Indian- Pararnans and Paramanys; Theories of truth and error; Philosophy of Languge of Meaning Theories of reality with reference to main system (Orthodox and Heterdox of Philosophy).
Socio-Political Philosophy and Philosophy of Religion.
- Nature of Philosophy; its relation to life, thought and culture-
- The following topics with special reference to the Indian context including Indian Constitution;Political Ideologies; Democracy Socialism Fascism, Theocracy, Communism and Sarvodaya Methods of Political Action; Constitutionalism, Revolution Terrorism and Sathyagraha.
- Traditional change and Modernity with reference to Indian Social Institutions.
- Philosophy of Religious Language and meaning.
- Nature and scope of Philosophy of religion. Philosophy of Religion, with special reference to Budhism, Jainism, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity and Sikhism.
a) Theology and Philosophy of Religion.
b) Foundations of religions belief Reason Revelation Faith and Mysticism.
c) God, Immortality of Soul, Liberation and Problem and Evil and Sin.
d) Equality: Unity and Universality of Religions; Religious tolerance conversions Secularism.
- Moksha-Paths leading to Moksha.