Punjab Medical Colleges accepts NEET for MBBS

Punjab accepts NEET scores for MBBS
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS), Punjab conducts Punjab Medical Entrance Test (PMET) for admission into the MBBS and BDS courses offered by the various medical institutes in punjab, will now be filling up the medical seats through the national merit list by NEET UG 2013 exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).

 

The BFUHS, Vice-chancellor SS Gill, said, "This reduces harassment and expenditure of parents and students. They have to appear in a single test now instead of appearing in several tests,"

The NEET UG 2013 test follows the Medical Council of India (MCI) regulations for a single entrance examination for admission to MBBS course. Even, Dental Council of India also notified that the admission to BDS course through NEET.

"An all India merit list and a state-wise list of qualified candidates will be prepared on the basis of NEET and candidates will be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only. While 15% of seats will be filled from the national merit list, the rest of 85% seats will be filled from the state list," added Gill. NEET also replaced All India Pre-medical Test (AIPMT) that was conducted by CBSE.

While, NEET scores has been accepted by the majority of the states across the country. Some students in Gujarat have been moved a PIL against NEET. Tamil Nadu has decided to admit students in medical colleges on the basis of their class 12 marks. The state has taken an interim stay on te move from High court. Madhya Pradesh too has proposed to hold its own test as well.

The CBSE has allowed the NEET test to be in a regional language in case the candidate has passed his class 12 fusing a medium other than English and Hindi. Syllabus for the NEET test base don the NCERT books of class 11 and class 12, the test would be benefit students who are studying in CBSE or ICSE boards.

The BFUHS will conduct the counseling for admission to the medical colleges for which the dates were yet to be announce. The three medical government medical colleges at Patiala, Amritsar and Faridkot medical seats are available.

For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

--Or--
Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
JOIN US ON SOCIAL NETWORKS

Thousands of Careerindia readers receive our evening newsletter.
Have you subscribed?

Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Careerindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Careerindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more