The Ph.D programme are offered in:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Entrance Exam pattern:
Entrance exam contains objective type question for 100 marks in three sections.
- Part A: 50 marks (25 Objective Type Questions of two marks each with no negative mark).
- Part B: 40 marks (Descriptive Type questions, 8 out of 16 questions of 5 mark each).
- Part C: 10 marks (Descriptive type with1 out of three question on recent research topics in the respective discipline).
- Candidates having Post Graduate Degree with specialization in fields relevant to the aforementioned streams with at least 60% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average(GPA) of this University or an equivalent degree recognized by University of Calicut. For SC/ST category pass in the qualifying examination is sufficient.
- Regular teachers of approved Government / Aided colleges/ self-financing colleges affiliated to the Universities in Kerala, Teachers of University Departments, candidates appointed as research fellows or research assistants selected by UGC/CSIR in the research projects run in the university departments / government / aided colleges / central / state and other approved research institutes and scientist working in the research institutes satisfying the eligibility criteria as stated are eligible to apply for part time registration for research.
Application fee is Rs. 50 (Rs.20 for SC/ ST)and Eligibility test fee is Rs. 500/- (Rs. 200/- for Sc/ST).
How to apply:
- Application form can be downloaded from the official website of University of Calicut.
- The prescribed application form for the Ph.D (Engineering) along with original chalan receipt of fee remitted should reach the Principal, Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur, (P.O.) Engineering College, Thrissur (Dist.), Kerala - 680009.
- The envelope containing the application should be super scribed with: "Application for PhD Programme (Engineering) The Candidates seeking admission under exempted category need to send the filled application form along with application fee of Rs. 50/-.
Last date for the receipt of application: Feb 08, 2013.
Date of eligibility test on: Feb 23, 2013 at 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM.
Publication of results of eligible candidates: March 01, 2013.
Govt. Engineering College,
Thrissur, (P.O) Engineering College,
Thrissur (Dist), Kerala - 680009.