Graduates in any science, agriculture, veterinary, medicine, pharmacy, engineering and technology are eligible to appear for the examination. They need not have any formal training, diploma or certificate in bioinformatics.
The syllabus is approved by the National Advisory Committee and is available on BINC webpage. The syllabus comprises of five sections: Bioinformatics, Biology, Physical & Chemical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics and Information Technology.
- The examination consists of three papers. The Paper I will be of objective type. The Paper II will be of short answer type, while the Paper III will be a computer-based practical.
- For Paper I there will be negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
- Printed copy of the list of successful candidates of the Paper I will be announced on February 23, 2013 at the respective centres after 6:30 PM.
- Candidates securing 40% or above marks in Paper I ONLY will be eligible to appear for Paper II and III.
- Candidates scoring a minimum of 40% or above in each papers(Paper I, Paper II & Paper III) will be certified.
How To Apply:
The Application form can be filled online.
The examination fee is Rs. 600/- for candidates from Open category and Rs. 450/- for Reserved category candidates.
Last date for the receipt of application form: Feb 08, 2013.
Display of eligible of candidates: Feb 11, 2013.
BINC Exam on: Feb 23 & 24, 2013.
School of Computational & Integrative Sciences,
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi - 110067.