The Courses are offered in:
- General Medicine
- Hospital Administration
- The entrance examination is common to all post-graduate courses and consists of 150 single best response type MCQs covering all subjects carrying 150 marks to be answered in 150 minutes duration.
- The syllabus for Entrance Test shall be that of MBBS standard of the Universities in Andhra Pradesh State.
- Negative marks will be given for incorrect response. For every incorrect response 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- Candidates who have passed MBBS examination from Medical Colleges recognized by MCI and completed Internship at the time of their applying are eligible. Candidates who will be completing Internship on or before 31/03/2013 are also eligible to apply.
- Requirement of compulsory rotating internship shall not be condoned unless approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI). The condonation of compulsory rotating internship shall be restricted to the period up to 31/03/2013 and not beyond that date.
- The candidates who have already registered for any regular or part time course at NIMS and would like to apply for admission to another course at NIMS, shall resign from such Training /course in the Institute duly fulfilling the conditions of the bond and failure to do so will render their applications for admission liable to be rejected.
How to apply:
- The candidates should have to apply online.
- A candidate must submit both soft and hard copies of the Application form.
- A demand draft may be obtained for Rs.2,000/- (Rupees two thousand only) in favour of the Director, Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, payable at Hyderabad or by paying Rs.2,000/- in NIMS cash counter in person. The candidates must write his/her name and application registration number on the back side of the DD/NIMS cash receipt. Application fee is non-refundable even if the application is summarily rejected.
- It is important to obtain a digital copy of a passport size photograph or a soft copy of the scanned photograph of size not more than 100KB.
- The filled-in Application form now needs to be printed. The hard copy of the filled-in application form with all necessary documents and the DD/NIMS cash receipt shall be submitted in person or sent by post to the below address.
Last date for the submission of application form: Jan 19, 2013.
Entrance test will be held on: Feb 24, 2013.
Associate Dean, Aptitude Testing,
Academic 3, 2nd floor,
OPD Block (Old Building),
Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences,
Punjagutta, Hyderabad - 500082.
Ph No: +9140 - 23396552.