Admission and Reservation Procedure:
An All India merit list and State wise merit list of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only by following the already existing Reservation Policies.
All admission to MBBS/BDS courses within in the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
Reservation of Seats in Govt Medical Colleges Under 15% All India quota:
- 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates.
- 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates
- 27% seats are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates in Central Educational Institutions only as per Hon'ble Supreme Court order dated 10.04.2008. Reservation would be applicable to the castes mentioned in the Central list of OBC. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column in application form. Candidates from creamy layer and do not come under Central List of OBC are advised to mention their category as General.
- 3% seats are reserved on horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates (only for locomotory disabilities of lower limbs between 50% to 70%, provided that in case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% then any such unfilled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% before they are included in the seats of respective category) in 15% All India UG quota seat.
Reservation of Seats in Govt Funded/Medical & Dental colleges affiliated to Central Universities/Deemed Universities:
Admission to Government funded Medical Institutions/Medical or Dental Colleges Affiliated to Central Universities/Deemed Universities etc. shall be subject to prevailing reservation policies and rules of admission applicable to the Institution/University Concerned.
Reservation of seats in State Quota and Private Medical Colleges:
- Admission under 85% State quota seats in Government Medical Colleges shall be subject to reservation policy and Eligibility Criteria prevailing in the State/Union Territory as notified by the respective State/Union Territory from time to time.
- The reservation of seats in Medical Colleges for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in State/Union Territory concerned.
- Admission to MBBS/BDS courses in Private Medical Colleges shall be subject to Policies of the State/Union Territory.
Admission to seats in AFMC, Pune:
Admission to Armed Forces Medical College, Pune shall be subject to the norms prescribed by the Directorate of Armed Force Medical Service, Ministry of Defence, Government of India. Candidates Qualified in NEET-UG and opted for admission in AFMC are required to appear for a second stage Screening conducted by the AFMC. Candidates are advised to contact AFMC for further details.