Aptitude testing is a student-friendly, universally accepted mode of rating capabilities for a particular activity. Aptitude tests are known to be reliable predictors of future scholastic achievements as they provide a profile of strengths and weakness of a student.
What is Genesis of SGAI : The CBSE has become the first Board in the Country to introduce the concept of aptitude testing in 2011, followed by the second edition in 2012. It is aimed at empowering an adolescent with "Self-knowledge" in terms of the aptitude in contribution with personality, interest etc.
This exam (CBSE SGAI) is meant for class 10 students and is an optional activity, for schools and students. Prior to the administration CBSE SGAI is pre tested for its efficacy. A pilot test is conducted on a sample of secondary level students drawn from CBSE affiliated Private. Government and Aided Schools from different parts of the Country.
Features of SGAI :
- The CBSE SGAI is an optional activity meant for class 10 students studying in CBSE affiliated schools across the world.
- CBSE SGAI is a collection of indices such as aptitude, interest and personality. Unlike the conventional Aptitude Tests, which indicate professional orientations the CBSE SGAI attempts to indicate subject orientations at +2 level.
- It has been customized to suit the Indian context and variety of student population in CBSE affiliated Private, Government and Aided Schools. CBSE SGAI is not an examination. It is a simple paper and pencil test of 1.5 hours duration.
- There are NO right or wrong answers, negative marking, pass or fail. No syllabus and special preparation is required for CBSE SGAI.
- Mental preparedness and sincere responses are the pre-requisites for this test. SGAI scores may depend upon child's environmental stimulus and motivation level.
CBSE-SGAI should be taken only as an indicator or a facilitator.
- The purpose of CBSE SGAI is limited to help the larger population including parents, teachers and students to initiate a dialogue on subject choices that lead to effective career planning later in life.
- Final decision on the subject choices may be taken in consultation with teachers and parents.
Important Dates of CBSE SGAI 2013 :
1. Date of CBSE SGAI 2013: 20th January, 2013 Sunday
2. Last date for registration: 31st October, 2012
3. Registration Fee: Rs 100/- per student
4. Online Registration: Schools will have to register online with students details at www.cbse.nic.in by 31st October, 2012 positively. After on-line registration, the confirmation page may be downloaded and sent along with the Demand Draft in favor of Secretary, CBSE, payable at Delhi by 10th November, 2012 positively to the below mentioned address.
Smt. Rama Sharma
PRO & Project In-Charge (SGAI)
Central Board of Secondary Education
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
PreetVihar, Delhi - 110092
5. Office Registration: Offline applications will not be entertained.
6. Direct Registration: The Board has been receiving several requests directly from the parents and students where schools have not opted for CBSE- SGAI. There is no provision for individual/ direct registration of such students as of now. Therefore, schools are requested to co-operate with such parents and students and enable them to avail the facility of CBSE- SGAI assessment.
- Schools should fill online registration form carefully as this registration will be one time and thereafter, no changes will be entertained.
- Principals are requested to give valid school e-mail id's for regular correspondence. Other details and calendar of activities will be communicated to participating schools shortly.