Also available in: தமிழ் , ಕನ್ನಡ

2nd Chance To Write Board Exams For IIT Applicants

Posted By:

2nd Chance To Write Board Exams
Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry sends a circular to board that, who took the Class 12 board exam this year can write them again next year to improve scores to meet the entrance criteria for Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and other engineering institutions.

From next year, Class 12 board exam marks will form the basis for entry into IITs, NITs and will become screening criteria for the National Institute of Technology (NITs) and other engineering institutes.

To get a seat in the IITs and NITs, candidates should have to be eligible, if they are within the top 20% of their board. The IIT-Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) will be held in 2 parts. The Top 105 lakh students who clear he Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) will be allowed to appear for JEE-Advanced Test.

Admission in to National Institutes of Technology (NITs) will be based on 40% weightage to board exam marks, while the remaining 60% will be for performance in the JEE Main exam.

Application are being allowed to 2nd chance to attempt to write the board exma to get admit in IITs, NITs and other Engineering institutes. These changes were announced after the 2012 board exams. The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) can taken twice, and the decision will be benefit those who intend to appear for it again next year.

Please Wait while comments are loading...

Thousands of Careerindia readers receive our evening newsletter.
Have you subscribed?