State Eligibility Test (SET) to determine eligibility for lectureship for Indian Nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession. The Test is conducted in Arts, Social Sciences, Science, Education and Commerce subjects.
- Only those Candidates who have completed / are pursuing PG degree are eligible to appear in SET. Others need not apply.
- Candidates who have secured atleast 55% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master's Degree (or) equivalent examination are eligible for this test. The Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST) / Physically Challenged (PC) / Visually Challenged (VC) category candidates who have secured atleast 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master's Dwgree Examination are eligible for this Examination.
- Candidates who have appeared (or) will be appearing at the qualifying Master's Degree Examination and whose results are still awaited (or) candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master's Degree examination (or) equivalent with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PC/VC category candidates). Such candidates must obtain their P.G. Degree Marksheet within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D degree holders whose Master's level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in SET Examination.
- Candidates have to appear for SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.
SET Test Pattern:
The test will consist of 3 papers. All the 3 papers will be held on Oct 07, 2012 in two separate sessions.
Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli, Salem, Tirunelveli, Chidambaram, Karaikudi, Vellore and Puducherry.
How to apply:
- The candidates are required to download/print the Bank Challan Proforma from the Bharathiar University website and then deposit the requisite test fee in any branch of the banks Bank of India, Indian Bank and Indian Overseas Bank along with the bank charges (commission) of Rs.25/-.
- Candidate seeking admission to the Test must apply online. After successful submission, the candidate should take printout of online Application Form (two copies), Attendance Slip (one copy) and Admission Card (one copy) on separate A-4 size papers.
- The Application (consisting of one copy of printout of online application form, one copy of Attendance Slip and one copy of Admission Card) along with required documents must reach The SECRETARY, SET2012, BHARATHIAR UNIVERSITY, COIMBATORE - 641046.
Examination fee is Rs. 1,000/- for General candidates, Rs. 750/- for OBC Candidates, Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/Physically challenged/ visually challenged.
|First||Paper I||100||09.30 AM to 10.45 AM|
10.45 AM to 12 PM
|Second||Paper III||100||1.30 PM to 04 PM|
Last date for the submission of online application form: Aug 31, 2012.
Last date for receiving filled in application: Sept 07, 2012.
SET 2012 exam date: Oct 07, 2012.
Coimbatore - 641046.
Tel: 0422 - 2428195.