- When you start studying, first keep your mind fresh without any thoughts other than your GOAL, with a peace of mind and scheduled tasks based on time.
- When you go to sleep it is the simple manner, you think of the whole day study as what you learned today, and just revise yourself what you remember.
- Do not neglect your sleep, because good sleep brings your body and mind to relaxed state. In case you feel sleepy in the daytime, then drink cold water and walk a little, next get into studies again.
- Some students make their schedule like, they pick one subject and complete it fully and then go for next subjects and some take all subjects simultaneously. Up-to average level the second one is more effective because sometimes only one subject takes around 10 days so sometimes its boring to learn one subject for more than 3-4 days.
- Always remember REVISION is the most important task you should always follow and make sure that you revise the previous learned chapters before everyday schedule.
- Whenever you read any chapter write important points on the top of the page of your notes/copy. These points can be as a Memory Tip Results (MTP's).
- When you start preparing for science stream then read Pharmacology and Medicine Chemistry simultaneously. Make charts, flow diagrams and tables if required.
- Try to solve more and more questions. Moreover, make your rhythm to solve calculation type questions so that you get your speed.
Improving your visual memory: Visual memory has an advantage when made used for GPAT. You can draw the diagrams and link them to all what you have learned about them. It is still good that you prepare your own Question bank.
Steps to follow when just 1 week is remaining for the exam :
- Give one day for each subject especially for revision of all topics (Whatever notes you prepared for that particular subject).
- In the evening get into some healthy discussion on the topics you have learned. Your sincere friends can join you at this time. It is other best way to learn well.
- Concentrate on your work and not on how well others have prepared.
- At the night before the exam have good sleep. Don't think much about the exam. Just relax, eat light dinner and go to good sleep.
- On the day of the exam, wake up early in the morning and do meditation for 15 mins. Then revise as much as possible. Read newspaper headlines for relaxing yourself.
* Don't forget your admission letter when you leave home for an exam. And make sure you reach the examination place before half an hour.
Here is list of books recommended for the preparation of GPAT Exam :
- Pharmaceutics: Lackman, Remington, IP, Martin, NK Jain ( for NDDS), GK Jani (For calculation)
- Pharmacology: KDT, Rang & Dale, Lippincott wilium Ilustrated Review of Pharmacology, color atlas of Pharmacology
- Pharma chemistry: Jerry March, I.L.Finar, Wilsion -Gisvold, foye, D.Sriram & P.Yogessawari (medicinal chemistry)
- Pharmacognosy: Trease & Evans, willis, Kokate
- Biochemistry: Lehninger, Lippincott wilium Ilustrated Review of Biochemistry, Harper, U V Satyanarayan
- Microbiology: Pelzar, Presscott
- Clinical Pharmacy: we will put important topic in our study material section
- Analysis: Silversteine, Willard, Vogel, Scoog, Y R Sharma ,
- Jurisprudence : N. K. Jain
- Natural Products Chemistry: O. P. Agrawal
- Organic Chemistry: Morision & Boyed
- Physical Chemstry: shishir mittal (disha publication)
- Clinical Pharmacology: For Pathophysiology & Management of disease: Kodakimble, Dipiro, Roger walker