IT and Electronics in the state have been discontinued
In an unusual offshoot of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, 54 engineering streams, mostly information technology and electronics in the state have been discontinued.
What is the cause for the shutdown?
- Shortage of Infrastructure
- Non-availability of qualified faculty with PhD degree
- Poor implementation of fee reimbursement scheme
- Some college management alleges that the delay in fee reimbursement by the government has made it difficult to run the college and to meet the standards.
According to the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), 19 colleges were slashed since 2014 but the run slowed down in 2016-17.
How many seats are unfilled?
- 1,61,461 seats are unfilled after the EAMCET admissions.
Which engineering branches has lost its charm?
- The specialised branches like mechatronics and aeronautical engineering have less demand and lack of standards.
Which engineering branch has a bright career prospect?
There is a huge demand for IT and electronics. "Engineering is a practical course and the experience and the qualification of the teachers play a very important role in shaping the student's understanding of the subject," explains B Shridar Reddy, Principal of Dhruva institute of Engineering and Management.
Studying for the sake of obtaining a degree is of no use. To fare well in the competitive world one has to choose a branch in engineering wisely and build a career which enhances their personality.