Once every four years, the whole nation of India unites together to submerge in the wave of enthusiasm brought about by the Olympics which sweeps the whole country off its differences of boundaries, cultures, and languages.
Such is the importance and reverence given to the sportspersons who represent their country on an international platform and the spirit of sports which unites us all amidst infinite diversities.
1. College of Physical Education, Pune
- Established in 1994, this sports college offers a great number of bachelor and masters programs in the area of Physical education.
- The admission for a limited number of seats is approved on the basis of merit. Students from this college have represented India in a number of national as well as international tournaments.
2. Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education, Thiruvananthapuram
- This College is linked to the University of Kerala and admits students by an entrance exam which is not easy to crack.
- Esteemed to be one of the best sports colleges in India, it offers a wide range of bachelor and masters programs.
3. Indira Gandhi Institute Of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, New Delhi
- The courses offered by this leading sports college include a 3 year B. Sc course, a 2 year Master's course, and a 1 year PG Diploma.
- Regarded as one of the best-recognized sports institutes, it comes under the Faculty of Education, Delhi University and came into being in the year 1987.
- The physical education courses offered here are recognized by the NCTE (National Council of Teacher Education).
4. Bombay Physical Culture Association's College of Physical education, Mumbai
- Famously known as BPCACPE, this sports institute was formed in 1978 and is a part of the University of Mumbai.
- The courses offered by the institute include 1-year B.P.Ed., 2 years Master's Course, 2 year Ph.D. and 1.5-year M.Phil. This college has produced great graduates of physical education.
5. Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education, Gwalior
- Offering bachelor's and master's degree in physical education, it is regarded as one of the best sports colleges in the entire country.
- The yearly process of admissions usually commences in the month of May and ends the month of July.
- Athletes are not idealized without a reason; it is their determination, hard work and practice which makes their aura demand respect in an unspoken manner.
But mastering a sport is not something which comes with the swish of a wand! There are years of practice which are invested into the art which comes out in the stadium after years of constant efforts.
The work in not solely done by the athlete, there is a long array of people who constantly keep on teaching, motivating and correcting an athlete while he shapes his way up the path to his destiny.