Career as an Image consultant is one of the hottest career fields today. The image is more than physical appearance, it includes the way one talks and behaves with others.
What is Image Consulting?
- Image Consulting is a field of work wherein Image Consultants helps clients to improve their appearance for personal or professional reasons.
- Also known by such titles as a wardrobe consultant, fashion stylist, or makeover consultant; Image consultants advise you on the ways in which you can enhance your looks.
- They advise individuals, both men, and women, on all aspects of personal appearance, presentation, and public speaking. This impact has much influence on people's lives be it in their personal, social and professional spheres.
- In other words, Image consultants evaluate a client's overall appearance and determine how best to achieve a look that will reflect his or her best attributes - both personally and professionally.
Who can be an Image Consultant?
- An image consultant is a career meant for those who have good fashion sense and the ability to connect with people.
- Being an image consultant is an interesting profile, offering incredible variety. Each client is unique, providing new challenges that help you to learn and grow.
Career opportunities as an Image consultant?
- There is no specific educational qualification or experience is necessary to enter into a career as an image consultant. However, one may find it useful to have experience in areas like public relations, fashion, hair and beauty therapy, consultancy, human resources management etc.
- There are certification programs available for those who wish to receive job training. These programs cover image consulting, fashion design, body types, and clothing portfolios.
How much will you be earning as an Image Consultant?
- Salary is not a constraint once you are established in the field. It all depends on you, your passion, your preparation.
- One can expect a starting salary ranging between Rs. 5-8 lakhs per annum. However, it varies depending on your clients and hours you work.