Gynecology is the study of the female body. The scope for gynecology is excellent as there is all time demand for one since they deal with not only women's health but also aid with fertility and pregnancy. Mostly women prefer women gynecologists even though men too explore their career in this field and there are male doctors who are surgeons aiding women in delivery during child birth.
How much does a Gynecologist earn?
The salary of a Gynecologist varies with experience of the person. It ranges from Rs 2,50,000 per annum for freshers up to 1 crore rupees per annum for well-experienced doctors.
Steps to become a Gynecologist
- Pick up a biology group in your higher secondary and ace it
- Get the required cut off
- Attend the NEET UG for MBBS admissions
- Clear the entrance exam and attend the counselling session
- Pick up an allotted college and get admitted. Finish undergraduation
- Complete the stipulated internship
- Apply for NEET PG
- Clear the entrance and attend the counselling session
- Pick up an allotted college and get admitted. Finish the specialisation in obstetrician gynecology
- Obtain your masters degree
- You are now good to practice it at a hospital or clinic
Also Read: How to Become an Agriculturalist?
Colleges to study gynecology
It is always recommended to take up a government recognised college for studying medicine under graduation as well as masters. When you appear for the NEET exam in India, you will, however, be provided with the top colleges list from which you can choose from according to the marks secured. Also, abroad there are different sets of entrance exams for medical aspirants and the colleges standards vary for different countries.
Top medical colleges in India
Here are some of the top medical colleges in India:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- King George's Medical University, Lucknow
- Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, Delhi