World Biofuel Day is observed every year on August 10. The day is observed to create awareness about the importance of non-fossil fuels that are an alternative to the conventional fossil fuels such as coal and petroleum. Over the last three years, the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas under the government of India is putting its best foot forward to promote the advantages of Biofuel.
Biofuel falls under the renewable energy category and its importance has been increasing in the recent times because of the limited fossil fuels. When many companies have started drafting plans for the development of Biofuel, a career in this stream will provide a plethora of lucrative opportunities. Let's discuss in detail about what's the career prospects like in Biofuel.
Courses Available To Pursue A Career In Biofuel
As Biofuel falls under the renewable energy category, pursuing the same will provide great opportunities. Candidates can pursue courses such as M.Tech in Renewable Energy.
More About M.Tech in Renewable Energy
This is a two-year-long course that consists of four semesters. This is one amongst the best courses that provides a complete insight about biofuels. Candidates can take up this course after pursuing their bachelors. However, one has to appear for the entrance examination for admission to this course.
Many institutes across the country offer M.Tech in Renewable Energy. Some of the top institutes in India that offer M.Tech are IIT Delhi, NIT Trichy, VIT Vellore and SRM University.
Apart from the regular courses, candidates can also consider unique courses offered by the Human Resource Development such as a ''postgraduate program for engineering leading to M.Tech in renewable energy systems with specialization in solar energy.'' In this course, candidates will learn about the basic chemical conversion & fuel technology.
Career Opportunities In Biofuel
There are numerous career opportunities in renewable energy in both the private and public sectors, including Biofuel, that can influence your growth professionally.
- Research is the most important aspect of Biofuel and also the renewable sector, hence there are jobs for Research Intern and R&D specialist who can drive new development.
- A scientist is also an important part of the sector because the renewable energy sector, including Biofuels, is constantly looking out for creating new fuels that can ease the burden of non-renewable resources which are already depleting.
- Business Development Managers are also an important part because there is the instance where numerous organizations have an interest in investing in this sector but have less knowledge. A business development manager can help in developing growth strategies and plans, managing and retaining the relationships with existing clients, increasing client base, and negotiating with the stakeholders.
- Lab technicians are also required in the renewable energy sector who construct, maintain, and test electrical and mechanical systems, components, equipment, use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and modify the electronic system, and perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Top Recruiting Companies
As we stated above, candidates who have pursued M.Tech in Renewable Energy will get employment in both the public and private sectors. Here are some of the recruiting companies.
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- National Hydro-electric Power Corporation (NHPC)
- Power Grid Corporation Limited (PGCL)
- Reliance Power
- Tata Power Solar