By 2020, India's average age will be only 27 years. This means India has a lot of scope to dominate the job market across the world, if the government provides all the resources. The Union Budget 2019 is a very special one for Modi's government ahead of general elections.
On February 1, 2019, Ministry of Finance, Piyush Goyal, delivered his first Budget speech. He opened his lines proudly saying that India is solidly back on track and marching towards growth and prosperity. Almost all the sectors in the country are expecting some benefits from Union Budget 2019. There is no exception for the education sector. Here are the highlights related to education and the job market in the Budget speech.
1. Currently, a total of 21 AIIMS are operating across the country. The government has decided to set up the new 22nd AIIMS in Haryana.
2. The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is training over one crore youth to help them to earn a livelihood through self-employment schemes, such as MUDRA and Start-up.
3. Under MUDRA Yojana, 15.56 crore loans have been disbursed amounting to 7,23,000 crore.
4. He has proudly announced that India has become the world's second largest start-up hub.
5. The government decided to provide 38,572 crores under the National Education Mission.
6. The funds under the National Education Mission will be allocated to the schemes such as Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan.
7. A National Programme on 'Artificial Intelligence' (AI) has been envisaged to take the benefits of Artificial Intelligence and other-related technologies.
8. This would be catalysed by the establishment of the National Centre on Artificial Intelligence as a hub along with Centres of Excellence. The portal on the AI will also be developed soon.
a. Under #SkilIIndia more than 1 crore youth are being trained to earn livelyhood— PIB India (@PIB_India) February 1, 2019
b. Under #Mudra Yojana 15.56 cr loans have been disbursed amounting to 7 lak 23 thousand rupees
Today Job Seeker, has become Job Creator : FM Piyush Goyal#Budget2019 pic.twitter.com/dUaRX2libG
9. A scheme of sanctioning loans upto 1 crore in 59 minutes has been launched to strengthen the MSME sector, which provides employment to crores of people.