Union Bank of India (UBI), a leading public sector bank in the country, releases the recruitment notification annually for several positions to run the bank smoothly. A job in Union Bank is a dream to many job aspirants because of the overseas presence beside fast career advancement.
The Bank recruit the Probationary Officers (PO), Clerks and Specialist Officers (SO) through IBPS' Common Recruitment Process. Apart from IBPS, the bank also recruits some other posts under Specialist Officer which were not listed in the IBPS SO. Some of the most popular posts that fall under Specialist Officer are Fire Officer, Economist, Security Officer, Integrated Treasury Officer, Credit Officer and Forex Officer.
In order to crack the Specialist Officer in the Union Bank of India, aspirants need to get familiar with the most important details such as exam pattern. Here, we have decided to display exam pattern and preparation tips to crack Specialist Officer in Union Bank.
Union Bank SO Selection Process
The selection of the candidates for Union Bank SO comprises of online written examination/ group discussion and personal interview. Aspirants should note that the bank decides whether to use all or any of these modes for the selection.
Union Bank SO Exam Pattern
The online written examination is available in both English and Hindi language. One-fourth of the marks will be deducted for each wrong attempt. Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview based on the merit in the written examination. The total duration of the online written examination is 120 minutes.
|S No||Name of The Tests||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|3||Professional Knowledge relevant to the post||50||100|
Union Bank SO Personal Interview
The personal interview will be held for a total of 50 marks and candidates will be tested on job knowledge, the power of expression, clarity of thought, qualities of leadership, extracurricular activities, hobbies, general demeanour, behaviour, communication skills, etc. Candidates should obtain at least 25 marks out of 50 in the personal interview round. One who doesn't obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the personal interview will not be considered for final selection.
Union Bank SO Preparation Tips
- Practice is the most important phase to stand out in the online test specifically for quantitative aptitude and reasoning section.
- The professional knowledge relevant to the post is very important in the written examination with a total of 100 marks out of 200.
- Candidates are advised to be strong in the basic concepts of professional knowledge because of many repetitive fundamental questions.
- After professional knowledge, candidates are advised to focus on quantitative aptitude because of high weightage.
- Be familiar with the basic concepts to stand out in the quantitative aptitude.
- Reading comprehension and sentence corrections are the most important topics to score well in the English language.
- Aspirants are advised to take at least one mock test daily during the final week of preparation.
- Preparing short notes while preparing the basic concepts will help a lot during revision.
- Compared to non-verbal, verbal reasoning is more important. Hence, aspirants should focus on the logical reasoning part.