The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) is all set to conduct the upper subordinate exam in the month of August. The exam is conducted for the highest job positions which are similar to the All India Services in the state. UPPSC has rolled out many changes in the exam that include the exam pattern.
With the introduction of negative marking in the preliminary exam, candidates should shift their preparation from objective to subjective orientation. The cut-off is also expected to fall this year because of the introduction of negative marking. Aspirants have to prepare for each subject meticulously, which is possible only through good study material and preparation books.
The UPPSC preliminary exam consists of two general studies papers. Paper-I consists of subjects such as current affairs, history, geography, economy, Indian polity, environmental and ecological concepts and general science. Paper-II consists of topics such as English, interpersonal skills, decision making, comprehension and general mental ability.
Here are the best books for UPPSC prelims exam.
UPPSC Exam: History
1. History of Modern India - Bipan Chandra
2. Spectrum Modern History
3. India's Struggle For Independence - Bipan Chandra
4. India's Ancient Past - R.S. Sharma
5. History of Medieval India - Satish Chandra
UPPSC Exam: Geography
5. Certificate Physical and Human Geography - Goh Cheng Leong
6. Geography - A Comprehensive Study - Mahesh Kumar Barnwal
7. Geography NCERT class VI to Class XII
8. Oxford School Atlas - Oxford
UPPSC Exam: Environment
9. Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure - Rajagopalan
10. Shankar IAS Notes on Environment and Ecology
UPPSC Exam: Indian Polity
11. Indian Polity by Laxmikant
12. Constitution of India
13. Governance in India by Lakshmikanth
UPPSC Exam: Indian Economy
14. Indian Economy - Ramesh Singh
15. Economic Survey
16. Uttar Pradesh Year Book
UPPSC Exam: General Science
17. General Science - Lucent Publication
18. Science subject NCERTs
UPPSC Exam: Current Affairs
The current affairs section is the most important section in any competitive exam. Along with regularly reading the newspaper, one should read some good monthly magazines. While reading the newspaper, we advise students to prepare a timeline for the trending issues.
19. Monthly Magazines
20. Current Affairs - Arihant Publication