The recruitment notification from the largest banking and financial services company in India, State Bank of India (SBI), attracts lakhs of aspirants. After conducting the Junior Associate and Specialist Cadre Officer examinations recently, the bank is all set to conduct the most awaited Probationary Officers examination in the month of June.
SBI will recruit candidates based on the three-tiered process that consists of a preliminary examination, the main examination, group exercises & an interview. According to the official notification, the bank will conduct the online preliminary examination on June 8, 9, 15 & 16, 2019. Referring to the right study materials and books will make your preparations effective. Here are the best books to study for the SBI PO.
1. Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi: This book consists of many concepts and helps you prepare in a constructive manner.
2. High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin: The focus should be on grammar and vocabulary. The application of grammar rules is also so strong in this book.
3. Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis: This not only increases your vocabulary but also the usage of words. This book helps you with the reading comprehension section.
4. Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr. R.S. Aggarwal: This will provide clarity of the basic concepts besides hundreds of practise questions.
5. Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey: This will provide a lot of practise questions based on the non-verbal reasoning besides concepts.
6. Quantitative Aptitude by Dr. R. S. Aggarwal: This will help you gain clarity of the concepts and provides shortcuts to solve the problems.
7. Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Varma: Aspirants will find many shortcuts and tips to solve the problems in less time. They can also access many practise papers.
8. Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M. Tyra: This book not only provides easy steps to solve the questions in less time but also helps you solve a question in different ways.
9. Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Kumar Verma: Though this book is famous for CAT examination, aspirants can use this to practise high-level questions in the quantitative aptitude section.
10. Banking Awareness by Arihant Publication: This book will be very useful for financial and banking awareness.
11. Lucent's General Knowledge: This book provides all the basic information about history, geography, economy, science and Indian polity. One can also read the computer aptitude in this book.
Apart from the above-mentioned books, aspirants should also refer the online sources for the current affairs and trending issues. Reading of the monthly magazine for the current affairs is also encouraged. We also suggest you utilise the online sources for the computer aptitude. The above books are focused only on the concepts, shortcuts and preparations techniques, one should also focus on previous' year question papers and practise papers.