Rabindranath Tagore, also known by his pen name Bhanu Singha Thakur (Bhonita), was born on May 7, 1861, in Calcutta. Tagore was a poet, playwright, author, painter and song composer, his writing presents a mirror to society. He was the first non-European to win the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1913. Rabindranath Tagore is the only person whose songs are used as the national anthems of two nations - India (Jana Gana Mana) and Bangladesh (Amar Sonar Bangla). Tagore is an inspiration to every student because of his writings which remains relevant even today. Explore the best Rabindranath Tagore quotes on education on Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti.
Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2021: Top 50 Quotes For Students
- "The greed of gain has no time or limit to its capaciousness. It is one object is to produce and consume. It has pity neither for beautiful nature nor for living human beings. It is ruthlessly ready without a moment's hesitation to crush beauty and life"
- "When we rejoice in our fullness, then we can part without fruits with joy."
- "Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add colour to my sunset sky."
- "Praise shames me, for I secretly beg for it."
- "We gain freedom when we have paid the full price for our right to live."
- "A mind all logic is like a knife all blade."
- "Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation."
- "Gray hairs are signs of wisdom if you hold your tongue, speak and they are but hairs, as in the young."
- "We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility."
- "A dewdrop is a perfect integrity that has no filial memory of its parentage."
- "In our desire for eternal life, we pray for an eternity of our habit and comfort, forgetting that immortality is in repeatedly transcending the definite forms of life in order to pursue the infinite truth of life."
- "You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water. Don't let yourself indulge in vain wishes."
- "The mountain remains unmoved at seeming defeat by the mist."
- "Our creation is the modification of relationship."
- "Night's darkness is the bag that bursts with the gold of the dawn."
- "The newer people, of this modern age, are more eager to amass than to realize."
- "Let the dead have the immortality of fame, but the living the immortality of love."
- "Age considers; youth ventures."
- "Beauty is truth's smile when she beholds her own face in a perfect mirror."
- "Love adorns itself; it seeks to prove inward joy by outward beauty."
- "No civilized society can thrive upon victims, whose humanity has been permanently mutilated."
- "I slept and dreamt that life was a joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was a joy."
- "Love is not a mere impulse, it must contain truth, which is the law."
- "Don't limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time."
- "To be outspoken is easy when you do not wait to speak the complete truth."
- "Set the bird's wings with gold and it will never again soar in the sky."
- "The emancipation of our physical nature is in attaining health, of our social being in attaining goodness, and of our self in attaining love."
- "Leave out my name from the gift if it be a burden, but keep my song."
- "Love's gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted."
- "Mistakes live in the neighbourhood of truth and therefore delude us."
- "The burden of the self is lightened when I laugh at myself."
- "If I say that He is within me, the universe is ashamed; if I say that He is without me, it is falsehood."
- "You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water."
- "Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark."
- "Let me light my lamp", says the star, "And never debate if it will help to remove the darkness"
- "Asks the Possible of the Impossible, "Where is your dwelling-place?" "In the dreams of the Impotent," comes the answer."
- "The fundamental desire of life is the desire to exist."
- "God seeks comrades and claims love, the Devil seeks slaves and claims obedience."
- "The potentiality of perfection outweighs actual contradictions... Existence in itself is here to prove that it cannot be an evil."
- "The flower which is single need not envy the thorns that are numerous."
- "Truth cannot afford to be tolerant where it faces positive evil."
- "Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom."
- "Emancipation from the bondage of the soil is no freedom for the tree."
- "Those who own much have much to fear"
- "Man's cry is to reach his fullest expression."
- "In the world's audience hall, the simple blade of grass sits on the same carpet with the sunbeams, and the stars of midnight"
- "The fish in the water is silent, the animals on the earth is noisy, the bird in the air is singing. But man has in him the silence of the sea, the noise of the earth and the music of the air."
- "The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough."
- "Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven."
- "Life's errors cry for the merciful beauty that can modulate their isolation into a harmony with the whole."
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On Education #1
"Don't limit a child to your own learning, for she was born in another time"
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On Education #2
"It is very simple to be happy, but it is very difficult to be simple"
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On Education #3
"Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark"
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On Education #4
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it"
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On Education #5
"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water"
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On Education #6
"Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come"
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On Education #7
"Love's gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted"
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On Education #8
"Let your life lightly dance on the edges of time like dew on the tip of a leaf"
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On Education #9
"We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us."
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On Education #10
"What is Art? It is the response of man's creative soul to the call of the real."
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On Education #11
"The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough"
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On Education #12
"By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower."
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On Education #13
"Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man."