The Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), which is one amongst the entrance examinations conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), is conducted for selecting candidates for Assistant Commandant positions. The recruitment of candidates will be based on the written examination followed by the physical efficiency test. Annually, the examination will take place in August.
The written examination consists of two papers, namely, General Ability and Intelligence (paper I) and General Studies, Essay and Comprehension (paper II). Paper I will be objective in nature and paper II consists of an essay and comprehension questions. Hardly, two weeks left for the preparation. Hence, we have decided to provide last-minute preparation tips for UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant aspirants.
General Ability And Intelligence Last-minute Preparation Tips
- Practise a lot of questions on simplifications and data solving to score well in the general mental ability section.
- Pick up a good year book and start reading all the important events for the current affairs section. One should give special attention to current affairs related to sports, business, governance and persons in news.
- Read all the synopsis in the NCERT textbooks for general science because a direct question is expected.
- The Constitution of India is very important and more than three direct questions are expected.
- Be familiar with the political system, social systems and public administration under Indian polity.
- During the last days before the exam, focus on the freedom movement and independence to score well in the history section.
- Map pointing and facts related to economic and physical geography are important. The NCERT textbooks will help a lot in the geography section.
General Studies, Essay and Comprehension Last-minute Preparation Tips
In paper II, there will be two parts. Part-A consists of an essay and part-B consists of comprehension and precis writing. Candidates should focus on modern Indian history, especially the freedom struggle and human rights issues. One has to hone their language skills to get good marks in the essay.
There is no need to panic about the comprehension section and precise writing because they will consider only the language skills. Simple grammar with good analytical skills will help you ace this part of the paper. Read the editorial columns in the newspaper which will help you in both essay writing and with the questions related to current affairs.
The UPSC CAPF notification will be released for vacancies in the Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).