Beauty with brains would be an understatement to give a tagline for the beauty pageant Manushi Chillar. "Congratulations Manushi Chhillar! India is proud of your accomplishment," Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted on her achievement.
Her academic achievements, beauty regime and noble thoughts got her recognised at the glam ceremony in Sanya City Arena recently where she was crowned as Miss World. Her answer to the question "which is the highest regarded profession and why?" garnered the applause of the world making India proud of its daughter. She answered, "The profession that deserves the highest regard is Mother."
How did the journey begin?
According to reports, Manushi's first step towards the glamorous world started when she participated in the fbb Campus Princess 2017 where she was crowned one of the finalists from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) medical college during her college fest.
Some facts about Manushi Chillar's academic achievements
- She topped English in class 12 as a CBSE student
- Chillar scored an overall 96 per cent marks in class 12
- She hails from Bamnoli village in Haryana's Jhajjar district and was pursuing MBBS at BPS Medical College for Women, Khanpur Kalan, in Sonepat
- She took a year break from her medical course to chase her dreams of becoming the Miss World
- She captured her dreams by being crowned the Miss World 2017
- Daughter of doctor parents, the 20-year-old star aspires to become a cardiac surgeon. Her father Dr Mitra Basu Chhillar, is a scientist at the Defence Research and Development Organisation and her mother Dr Neelam Chhillar is an associate professor and department head of neurochemistry at the Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences
- Chillar is a Kuchupudi dancer and poetess as well