A good MBA school always wants quality students to add to the diversity of the classroom. This is an important factor amongst others while making the final assessment of selecting a student.
Despite achieving a high GMAT, rejections are high because of the following reasons:
1. A badly designed resume:
- Where 'quality' work experience is not displayed.
2. Profile projection in the essays:
- The essays must consist of real life 'quality' experiences to back up each point. Remember that your standards and situations that you project are being compared with people globally.
- Essays should be trendy and progressive, for the requirement is to show 21st century men and women willing to take on leadership in multifaceted avenues. They can't be dull and sympathetic. [Also read: Do's and Don'ts of Statement of Purpose (SoP)]
3. Round 1 admissions glorify your chances for admissions:
- This shows how well and meticulously you've planned your admissions over a few years. It displays you keenness for a particular place, apart from just bagging a seat which may of course be more. [Also read: Common applications mistakes by MBA aspirants]
4. Short listing:
- You must be prepared to be a student first than anyone else.
- Letters of recommendation need specific care.
- All of the progressives, humility and strength in the essays must be supported by the LORs. This is where the Wow factor lies.
- In other words the recommender blows the trumpet on your behalf with adequate examples of leadership, team work and areas of improvement.
- She/he may also display personable lady-like/gentlemanly qualities such as compassion and a good sense of humour. [Also read an interesting article on Tips to write a recommendation letter]
6. Personal Interviews:
- This is one-third of the entire application process.
- If you've been invited for an interview, half the battle is won.
- One can always the draw the session to her/his advantage. In fact, that should be a quality inculcated by any student to pursue administration and management as a career.
- From a good personal turnout to apt usage of words, it is important to know what not to speak as well.
- You are all graduates ready to take on the administrative responsibilities in various professions; a sharp, well-braced presentation cannot be compromised upon.
- Most importantly it is as good as a formal conversation and one must enjoy speaking to the interviewer thoroughly. [Also read: How to Crack the Entrance Exam Interview?]
Collegify was founded in 2012, and has since evolved into a multinational educational consulting firm, with the vision that in education lies the power to unlock potential in every individual and move towards a better society. For more information, visit www.collegify.com