The largest insurance group owned by the government, Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), annually releases the recruitment notification for the post of Assistant Administrative Officers (AAO). LIC AAO is one amongst the highly prestigious positions in the job market. This position is not only considered as the best entry to the insurance sector but also a lucrative career because of career advancement. Hence, LIC AAO stands as one of the highly competitive examinations in India.
In order to stand out in the LIC AAO examination, candidates need to devote at least three months for preparation. It is important for aspirants to pick the right study materials and books for preparation. Here, we discuss some of the best books that help aspirants to stand out in the LIC AAO exam.
LIC AAO Exam
Candidates who are aiming to appear for the LIC AAO exam should know the selection process, exam pattern and syllabus. The selection of the candidates will be done through a three-tiered process - preliminary, main and interview. The LIC AAO preliminary and main examination will be held in online mode. Candidates who qualify in the preliminary online written test will be allowed to appear for the LIC AAO main examination. The selection will be based on the marks obtained in the LIC AAO main examination and interview.
Also Read: LIC AAO Exam Pattern And Syllabus
LIC AAO Test Sections
The LIC AAO preliminary exam consists of English language, reasoning ability and quantitative aptitude. The main exam consists of reasoning ability, general knowledge, data analysis & interpretation and insurance & financial market awareness.
LIC AAO Books For Reasoning Ability
The reasoning section is there in both LIC AAO prelims and mains exam. Hence, candidates need to plan strategically which will save time for preparation. Here are the books for reasoning ability.
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning - RS Aggarwal
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning (English) - AK Gupta
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal (English) - BS Sijwali and Indu Sijwal
- Analytical Reasoning - MK Pandey
LIC AAO Books For Quantitative Aptitude
This section also appears in both the online exams, however, weightage will be more for the data interpretation and data sufficiency in the mains. Candidates need to pick the books which had the number of practice papers. The following quantitative books can be considered for preparation.
- Quantitative Aptitude - RS Agarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude - Arun Sharma
- Quicker Mathematics - M Tyra
- Quantum CAT - Sarvesh Kumar Verma
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation - Arun Sharma
LIC AAO Books For English Language
The official notification clearly described the important topics in the English language such as grammar, vocabulary and comprehension. In the LIC AAO main exam, the English language will be tested based on descriptive (letter writing & essay). Explore the best books for preparation.
- English Grammar - Wren & Martin
- Word Power Made Easy - Norman Lewis
- Objective General English - SP Bakshi
- Descriptive General English - SP Bakshi and Richa Sharma
LIC AAO Books For General Knowledge
This section is useful in both the main exam and interview. Aspirants should focus more on this section because it will deliver a perfect score. There is no boundary for general knowledge, hence, the below books are suggested to stand on top.
- NCERT History, Geography, Political Science Books
- Indian Year Book (any publication)
- Lucent's General Knowledge
- Static General Knowledge - Arihant
LIC AAO Books For Insurance & Finance
There are no specific books for insurance and financial market awareness. We advise candidates to track all the latest developments in the insurance, finance, business and economics by reading the newspapers daily. The exclusive preparation books for LIC AAO deal with the static information related insurance.
- LIC AAO Generalist Guide - Arihant
- LIC AAO Generalist Success Book - Chandresh Agarwal