Knowledge is a skill acquired through experience or education. Every human on Earth is eventually learning and working each day to earn. Does this mean, money is more important than knowledge?
Money is not easily available to all, but knowledge is. All that one needs to possess is the interest in learning.
Let us compare the two different treasures here:
- Money can reach a limit. It is always measurable. But, one can never measure the amount of knowledge one possesses.
- One cannot buy a solution to save oneself in utter emergency situations. One has to have a knowledge to deal with it.
- Money cannot get you grades in universities or schools. Only smart brains or enlightened brains can claim them.
- Money lets you buy things, but to buy the right things one needs the proper knowledge about the object being bought.
- Money can be lost, stolen or misplaced; whereas, knowledge cannot be.
What lasts longer?
Going forward, we know that a person can go bankrupt at any point in time due to any reason. There is no way a person can run out of knowledge. It shall always remain as a part of the person. Sharing money can aid someone momentarily, but sharing knowledge will aid the person who receives it for a life time. Knowledge is infinite, the world is based on the core of knowledge.
Why knowledge is better than money?
- One might be 'born rich', but if he/she doesn't posses the right knowledge of how to maintain or double the riches, the person can become penniless. On the other hand, a poor person can gain riches via the application of his/her knowledge.
- Money can buy an object, but not the thought process (knowledge) that went into creating that object. Hence, knowledge is superior.
- It is better to be looked up to as a "knowledgeable person" rather than a "rich person".
- We remember those who contributed their knowledge to the world, based on which new inventions and discoveries are being made. We seldom remember if they were wealthy or not.
- With knowledge one can acquire money, but money alone will not help in acquiring knowledge. It requires the need and hunger to know things.
- Money is an application of knowledge. This has lasted long and shall prevail until another application of knowledge takes over.
What knowledge gives that money can't?
- Independence in finding solutions to problems one might face
- Creativity, intelligence and survival tactics
- Freedom from insecurity. With physical treasure (money), protecting it is an issue. But with knowledge forming an integral part of a person, there is no reason to worry about its security.
- Knowledge gives self-reliance and self-belief that money may not have
Hence, one has to work towards gaining knowledge more than money, because where there is knowledge, there is light. In a nutshell, earning knowledge should be at the top of anybody's priorities' list; the rest will follow for sure. This is what we had to say. Please share what you feel about the same here: https://www.facebook.com/careerindia.com