The State Bank of India (SBI) conducted the probationary officer main examination on August 4. According to the sources, the level of difficulty of the test was between moderate and difficult. The results for the PO main examination are expected to be released on August 20, 2018. With the completion of the main examination, aspirants' focus should be on the group discussion and the interview.
The official notification says that the group discussion and interview will be conducted between September 24 and October 12, 2018. However, the declaration of the final result will be in the month of November. Here are the tips that help you to prepare for the SBI PO interview.
Group Discussion Tips
- The topics provided during the GD for the debate are not too tough. In this round, only your communication and presentation skills will be tested.
- Aspirants should pick all the trending issues related to every field, specifically banking.
- If you are not sure about how to kick-start the discussion, you should let others initiate the same. Once you've got enough points for your reply, you can start commanding the discussion.
- Usually, two minutes are given to every candidate to speak. However, a candidate who opens the discussion can take five minutes.
- Aspirants are suggested to pay attention during the entire discussion because there will be a chance questions related to the GD are asked during the interview.
Personal Interview Tips
- The interview will start with general questions related to hobbies and family.
- Always be prepared with the questions related to your home town, school, college, etc.
- Most of the time they ask why do you want to pursue a career in the banking industry. Prepare a nice answer which can satisfy the panel. Try to provide at least two reasons for this question.
- There will be a couple of questions related to your academic background, specifically graduation and above. Be familiar with all the basic concepts. For instance, if you are from the physics background, prepare some answers regarding how the physics is useful to the growth of the banking industry.
- There will be some questions related to the basic banking. Hence, one should know all the basics starting from formalities to the core banking solutions (CBS).
- There is no need to prepare separately for the banking tasks. Just brush up on the banking and economic awareness topics you prepared for the SBI PO main examination.
- Keep yourself updated with the SBI bank interest rates, types of bank accounts, new policies, etc.
- If you are not sure about the facts or figures, express that you are not sure about them.
- There might be questions on international banking, currencies, economic policies, World Economic Forum, Asian Development Bank, World Bank, etc.
- The duration of the SBI PO interview is 15 to 20 minutes.