The central recruiting agency, Staff Selection Commission (SSC), organises various examinations for shortlisting the candidates to the Central government jobs. The Junior Engineer (JE) is one amongst them. SSC releases the recruitment notification every year for filling the post of JE (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Quantity Surveying & Contracts). The shortlisted candidates will be placed in various organisations in the Government of India. The posts are Group-B (Non-Gazetted), and candidates will get the pay based on the 7th Central Pay Commission.
The competition for the SSC JE will be massive because of the Central government jobs in popular organisations. In order to crack the SSC JE in two months, candidates should opt for a unique preparation strategy. The SSC JE consists of two papers. When paper-I is considered as a screening round, aspirants should focus more. Here, we focus extensively on SSC JE paper-I preparation.
SSC Junior Engineer Exam Pattern
Aspirants need to be familiar with the SSC JE exam pattern and syllabus prior to kick-starting the preparation. The SSC JE exam consists of two papers i.e. Paper-I (Computer Based Examination)
and Paper-II (Descriptive Type). After document verification, the final merit list will be prepared. The final selection will be based on both Paper-I and Paper-II. The exam pattern for the computer-based examination is described below.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: 50 (questions) - 50 (marks)
- General Awareness: 50 (questions) - 50 (marks)
- General Engineering (Civil & Structural/ Electrical/ Mechanical): 100 (questions) - 100 (marks)
- The total duration of the test is two hours.
- 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
SSC Junior Engineer Preparation For General Intelligence And Reasoning
- Aspirants should opt for the elimination strategy to find the correct choice in this objective section.
- The important point to remember is one should not assume or use any other information apart from the given information.
- One should read both factual information and instructions of the questions before answering.
- This section is tricky and plays with the choices. Hence, it is suggested to choose the read all the response choices carefully.
- A regular practice of previous year question papers will help a lot in understanding the question format.
SSC Junior Engineer Preparation For General Awareness
- This section focuses much on the current affairs including neighbouring countries.
- Newspaper and monthly magazine reading help a lot to score well.
- It is advised to prepare a separate note for the day to day current affairs.
- Candidates should also work on the static general knowledge such as Indian history, polity, geography and economy.
SSC Junior Engineer Preparation For General Engineering
- Aspirants should focus more on this section because of the weightage.
- The official notification described the detailed syllabus for General Engineering. Hence, aspirants should make use of it.
- One should focus on concepts, principles and applications of the topic to score well.
- Most of the questions in this section consume much time for answering. Hence, aspirants are suggested to practice some shortcuts and tricks.
SSC Junior Engineer Preparation In Two Months
When the preparation time is less than two months for SSC JE, aspirants should be more careful with the time and practice. The below tips will help aspirants to crack SSC JE in two months.
- While preparing, one should make a note of all the things which will help in the revision.
- Take at least one mock test in a week to test the skills.
- Never ignore the SSC JE previous year's question papers.
- Master the most important topics first.
- Prepare an effective study schedule for SSC JE preparation.
Also Read: How To Crack SSC CGL In The First Attempt?