This is that time of the year when the country celebrates Daan Utsav, the joy of giving week. Every year October 2 to October 8 is desecrated as a giving festival in India for donating money, time, resources or skills to the needy. This is not hosted by any brand, which makes it an interesting event for individual contributions. Now, the big question is, how and why is education the most deserving donation that you could offer?
4 reasons why education is the best to give
Here are why a student can fulfill that eligibility criterion. If you sponsor for the education of a student:
- It empowers him or her to become better and independent than just receive and stay dependent on someone for their needs
- Educating a student can help them earn money and educate another student
- The gift of knowledge is something more than any other donation you could have made
- It makes the people and the place around you a better one with enlightenment and knowledge
5 ways you can gift education to students through 'Daan Utsav'
- Volunteer to take tuition for poor kids. Your time is more precious than your wealth. Dedicate it with love.
- Volunteer to write for blind students. Your efforts will be paid off in a fruitful manner
- Offer scholarship for the hardworking students by visiting schools and establishing contact for the same with the school authorities
- Buy stationery, school uniforms, bags and other desiderata that school children can make use of and donate it to them. Even a pair of slippers for the little legs could make wonders in their lives. It also motivates them to work harder
- Sponsor noon meals for them in a day. Food donation is considered the highest of all donation
The seeds of education that you sow today in someone would someday rise into a majestic tree, shading you on an otherwise sunny afternoon. So make this contribution today and empower India with education.