Christmas is celebrated across the world with great pomp on December 25. It is the annual festival celebration of Jesus Christ's birth. The celebrations of Christmas is not just confined to people who practice Christianity. Most of the educational institutions and schools celebrate Christmas with various activities such as Christmas essay and drawing competition.
Writing an essay on Christmas always give a special feeling to students and people of all ages. Being one among important festivals, students need to know all about the festival before writing a Christmas essay in English. We have come up with a brief introduction about Christmas celebration, history and preparation to draft an effective essay on Christmas.
The celebration of Christmas originated after the birth of Jesus. The first Christmas was celebrated in 336 AD in Rome. Christmas was overshadowed for a very long time because of the Arian Controversy in 300s. It gained people's attention around 800 AD. Thanks to the emperor Charlemagne, who received the crown on Christmas. In 1660, Christmas was made a holiday. The Oxford Movement of the Anglican Communion Church in the early 1900s led to the revival of Christmas.
Christmas preparations include a lot of activities such as placing a Christmas tree and decoration in the house. The gifts are placed under the Christmas tree and will be opened on Christmas day. On the day, family members greet each other and enjoy the feast.
The celebrations of Christmas kick-start with the prayers and performances in the Church. Kids are showered with a lot of gifts from parents, neighbours, friends and well-wishers. They will also meet 'Santa Claus.' Kids will get an opportunity to taste homemade traditional cakes and muffins.
How To Write Christmas Essay?
- Students are advised to start the Christmas essay with its importance and significance.
- They are advised to give much importance to Christmas preparation and celebration in their essay.
- One should draft all the important points and prepare an effective outline before kick-starting an essay.
- While writing a Christmas essay, never go wrong with facts and figures.
- The introduction part should not be comprehensive. One can elaborate on the topic in the main body.
- Never go wrong with grammatical errors or spelling mistakes in Christmas essay.