Children's day is celebrated every year on November 14 in memory of the birthday of the former Prime Minister of India Jawaharlal Nehru.
Why is children's day celebrated?
Nehru was known to be fond of children. Hence his birthday is dedicated for children to celebrate.
Here are some of the famous quotes by Jawaharlal Nehru that you must know this children's day:
- It is a fundamental rule of human life, that if the approach is good, the response is good
- Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.
- Success often comes to those who dare to act. It seldom goes to the timid who are ever afraid of the consequences.
- What we really are matters more than what other people think of us.
- Loyal and efficient work in a great cause, even though it may not be immediately recognized, ultimately bears fruit.
- The person who talks most of his own virtue is often the least virtuous.
- The person who runs away exposes himself to that very danger more than a person who sits quietly.
- A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, when an age ends, and when the soul of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance.
- The best and noblest gifts of humanity cannot be the monopoly of a particular race or country; its scope may not be limited nor may it be regarded as the miser's hoard buried underground.
- Evil unchecked grows, evil tolerated poisons the whole system.
Also Read: Celebrate your Children on Children's Day