Many of them actually think that the column labelled Career Objective in a resume is a waste of space. While it could be true, passionate people with real career goals know that it is a very meaningful column because it is their vision statement to land their dream job.
Having a dream is special and having one for your career is even more meaningful and rewarding. For some it is a soul search and not a hunt for just another occupation. It is easier to be in love with your dream job as a fresher but retaining it throughout life is true love. Are you certain about your relationship with work? Here are 10 signs that you have landed in your dream job.
- You wake up with enthusiasm to go to office.
- You have that adrenaline rush to get there and accomplish something big in life.
- You feel excited that you have a new day to work.
Money Does Not Matter
Follow your passion and success follows you. Of course you are not expected to do any service for free. But being happy in a job means that you are already drawing a deserving remuneration and more money is not on your mind while working. You are able to whole-heartedly focus on the work without worrying about the salary and making quick bucks.
- You arrive early to work.
- Time is never an issue whenever you have something to do. You don't mind if it is midnight or early morning. You are always eager to work.
- Stretching work to longer hours feels rewarding than tiring.
Sense Of Belonging
- You feel accepted and wanted by your employer and colleagues.
- Your presence is felt by people around and work is missed when you are away.
- You feel proud of being associated with the company.
Also Read: How To Email A Resume In A Professional Way?
- You are able to work to your fullest potential.
- You have the freedom to induce creativity.
- You have the scope to learn something new each day.
Also Read: 10 Tips To Prepare A Resume For A Job
- Your employer notices your work.
- Your work gets feedback from time to time. You receive appreciation or criticism right away.
- Your ideas are heard and valued.
- Your boss knows you by name and is aware of your capabilities.
There is no dearth for motivation. You have people and things that you feel happy when you look at. Whenever you feel drained out, you could reach out to them for recharge.
The company has an open door policy where you can meet anyone at any level and people are ready to give you the support you require to work.
- There is a regulated company policy with regards to promotion and increment.
- Your roles and responsibilities increase as time passes.
- Your experience is helpful for future enterprises.
- You could make value additions to your resume.
Also Read: Career Shift: Change For The Better
Pride and Satisfaction
- The whole experience of working gives you a sense of pride and happiness.
- You feel ownership of the company's product. The outcome of your work makes you concerned and eager.
- You are able to travel together with the vision and mission of the company and take a share of its fame and shame.
Ability To Look And Feel Good
- Your dress code does not make you feel like being into someone else's clothes.
- You are able to dress up well and feel confident while entering the office premises.
- You are able to carry a smile that tops your wonderful look. Inside out, your happiness is reflected and contagious.