The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB), Kolkata issues online applications for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEEM) for admission to undergraduate Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture Courses in the State of West Bengal.
WBJEE 2015 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Applicant should have passed 10+2 board examination from any of the recognised board of examination.
- For Engineering / Technology Courses other than Marine Engineering: Candidates must be at least 17 (seventeen) years of age as on 31.12.2015. There is no upper age limit.
- Marine Engineering course: Candidates must be at least 17 (seventeen) years of age or above as on 31.12.2015 and must not be above 25 (twenty five) years of age as on 31.07.2015; as per guidelines of appropriate authority.
Residential / Domicile requirement:
The candidate must have been residing in West Bengal continuously at least for the last 10 (ten) years as on 31.12.2014.
His / her parents must be permanent residents of West Bengal, having their permanent home address within the State of West Bengal.
Competent Authority to issue Residential / Domicile Certificate:
- In order to become eligible for admission to Government Engineering / Technology Colleges, Residential / Domicile certificate has to be submitted by the intending candidate in the proforma as given in the Brochure.
- The proforma is to be downloaded and printed on an A4 size white paper and will be required to be filled in properly (as applicable).
1. SC / ST of West Bengal: The Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates domiciled in the State of West Bengal, as specified vide Government of West Bengal Order No. 1813-PCW/MR-94/11 dated 20.06.2011 are eligible for admission through WBJEEM 2015, for admission to undergraduate level courses in Engineering & Technology, in all Government and Government aided Institutions.
2. SC / ST of Other States: The candidates hailing form other states are nor eligible for such benefits and they will be treated as general category candidates.
3. PwD (Persons with disabilities): PWD category candidates will be eligible with a minimum of 40% disability with respect to Loco-motor disorder, Visual impairment, Speech & Hearing Impairment subject to the condition that the candidate is capable of carrying out all activities related to theory and practical work as applicable to B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch courses without any special concession and exemption.
4. Minority (Sikh & Christian): Candidates belonging to Sikh / Christian Religious Minority Category and domiciled in West Bengal, May choose to get admitted in such religious minority institutes as approved by the Government against specified minority quota notified by the State Government of West Bengal.