The Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is a qualifying examination for admission into Master of Design (M.Des) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur, and Ph.D programmes in design at some Institutes.
The CEED exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay.
The objective of CEED is to assess the candidates' aptitude for design involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity and communication skills.
The CEED exam has the following syllabus:
- Elements of Design
- Principles of design
- Choice of product concepts suitable for small and large scale production
- Development of new product/ visual concepts and creative ideas based on analytical observation of problems from daily life situation
- Generation of solution in a given material and process such as sheet metal work wood fabrication, plastic molding, wire fabrication, etc.
- Imagination and drawing skills covering objects, birds, animals, furniture people and places from immediate or distant environments, sample sketching features, perspective making, design concepts, scale and proportions, aesthetics and sensitivity, colour psychology and applications, representations of visual concepts into visual symbols and form, aided with drawings and illustrations
- Drawings based on analysis