Pareeksha Bhavan, Kerala has announced the exam dates for Kerala-Teacher Eligibility Test (K-TET-2015). KTET 2015 will be conducted on October 3, 3015 and October 17, 2015.
Pareeksha Bhavan, Kerala in accordance with the guidelines published by State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) Kerala and such other Rules/ Regulations/ Instructions/ Policies laid down by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)/Department of General Education/Government of Kerala.
KTET is conducted to assess the quality of teacher candidates for Lower Primary (Category I), Upper Primary (Category II), High School (Category III) classes and Category IV (for Language Teachers-Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu (up to UP classes), Specialist Teachers (Art & Craft) & Physical Education teachers in Kerala.
- Category-I (For Lower Primary Classes): Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and two year Trained Teachers' Certificate (TTC) conducted by Board of Examination, Govt. of Kerala or its equivalent.
- Category II (For Upper Primary Classes): B.A/B.Sc./B.Com and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education/Trained Teachers' Certificate (TTC) [by whatever name known] conducted by Board of Examination, Govt. of Kerala or its equivalent.
- Category III (For High School Classes): BA/B.Sc/B.Com with at least 45% marks and a B.Ed degree in the subject concerned (from any one of the Universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other universities recognized as equivalent thereto.)
- Category IV: Those who have acquired qualifications for the posts of Language Teachers of Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit & Urdu (up to upper primary level), specialist teachers & physical education teachers as mentioned in chapter XXXI of Kerala Education Act and Rules are eligible to apply concerned (from any one of the universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other universities recognized as equivalent thereto).
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online.
- The Exam fee is Rs.500/- for all categories while it is Rs.250/- for differently abled category and SC/ST candidates.
Exam Paper Pattern for KTET 2015
- All questions will objective type/multiple choice questions.
- Each question carries one mark.
- The paper will have only 1 category.
- The total number of questions shall be 150.
KTET 2015 Important Dates
- Last date for online application step I: August 24, 2015
- Last date for online application step II: August 26, 2015
- Download admit card: September 15, 2015
- Date of KTET 2015: Ocotber 3, 2015 and October 17, 2015
For more information, click here.