The Joint Admission Test (JAM) 2015 is conducted for admission to M.Sc, Joint M.Sc Ph.D, Dual Degree and other Postgraduate Degree programmes at IITs and IISc.
The online registration for Joint Admission Test (JAM) for the year 2015 has started from September 03, 2014.
JAM 2015 entrance exam will be held on February 08, 2015. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati is the conducting body of JAM 2015.
Exam / Test Pattern:
- JAM 2015 will have seven test papers, namely Biological Sciences (BL), Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) and Physics (PH).
- There will be 100 objective type questions in the papers for Biological Sciences (BL) and Biotechnology (BT), each having 1 mark. Each question will have four choices as possible answers, of which, only one will be correct. Candidates will get negative 1/3 for each wrong answer. These questions have to be answered in an Objective Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening the appropriate bubble, using a black ink ball point pen.
Since the ORS will be evaluated by electronic means, it is imperative that the instructions given on the ORS are carefully read and followed by the candidates.
- The Question-cum-Answer Booklets for the Test Papers CY, GG, MA, MS and PH will consist of two parts (Part-I and Part-II). The weightage of Part-I is 60% and that of Part-II is 40%.
- Part-I will consist of multiple choice questions (MCQ). Some of the questions are of 1 mark each and others are of 2 marks each. Answers to this part have to be filled in the ORS by darkening the appropriate bubble as explained in the previous paragraph. There will be negative marking for wrong answers. The negative marking scheme is as follows: minus 1/3 for 1 mark minus question and 2/3 for 2 marks questions.
- Part-II will consist of Subjective type questions. The answers to Part-II will have to be given at appropriate places in the "Question-cum-Answer Booklet" itself. No supplementary sheet will be provided.
|Date||Session||Time||Test Paper Code|
|February 8, 2015||I||9.00 AM to 12.00 PM||BL, MA, PH|
|II||2.00 PM to 5.00 PM||BT, BY, CG, MS|