NIMCET is a national level test conducted by NITs for admission into NITs for MCA programme.
NIMCET is a gateway for admissions to the MCA programmes into NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal for the 2015 academic session.
Eligibility Criteria for NIMCET 2015
- Applicant must be a permanent residence of India.
- He/she should have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in case of SC, ST) in any one of the following courses:
- B.Sc/B.Sc (Hons)/BCA/BIT of minimum three years full-time*;
- B.E/B.Tech or equivalent from a recognized university is eligible to appear for NIMCET 2014 test.
- Candidates who are appearing for final year/semester of B.Sc/B.Sc (Hons)/BCA/BIT of minimum 3 years or B.E/B.Tech in the academic year 2013-14 are also eligible to apply for NIMCET 2015.
- Such candidates shall have to furnish the proof (in the form of a certificate issued by the head of institution where the candidate has studied that he/she is appearing for the examinations during the academic year 2014-15 and can submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET 2015 preferably at the time of counseling/admission but not later than 15th September, 2015, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs.
- NIMCET 2015 will not reserve a seat to a candidate due to any reason claimed for not fulfilling the eligibility criteria including the delay in publishing the results by the concerned university/institute.
- Students who have completed/completing degree B.Sc/B.Sc (Hons)/BCA/BIT of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided their program is approved by UGC/AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.