The Indian Air Force has announced the exam dates and details of AFCAT 2016. Applications are invited by the IAF from male and female candidates for the courses commencing in July 2017 for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying Branch and Permanent/Short Service Commission in Technical and Ground Duty branches.
The Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Admission Test for selection of officers to all branches of the the IAF (except medical and dental). AFCAT is conducted twice a year during the months of February and August for the selection officers into the following branches of the prestigious Indian Air Force - Flying Branch (Short Service Commission only,) Technical Branch (Permanent Commission and Short Service Commission) and Ground Duty Branch (Permanent Commission and Short Service Commission).
|Branch|| Age Limit|| Educational Qualification|
| Technical Branch||For Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics/Mechanical)|
| Ground Duty|
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online on the official website of of Career Air Force
- Candidates are advised to read the notification from AFCAT 02/2016 for guidelines
NOTE: In any case of any filled in information found to be incorrect the candidates are likely to be cancelled at any stage of the selection process.
- Start of registration process for AFCAT 2016: June 4, 2016
- End of registration process for AFCAT 2016: June 30, 2016
- Date of AFCAT 2016 Examination: August 28, 2016
AFCAT 2016 Exam Paper Pattern
Candidates will be tested on the following 4 main categories :
- General Awareness: History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
- Verbal Ability in English: Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
- Numerical Ability: Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit and loss, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, and Simple interest.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test: Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
- The questions will be objective type.
- The exam will be held for a duration of 45 minutes
Selection procedure for AFCAT 2016
After the candidates have qualified the AFCAT 2016, they will be furthur tested at one of the Air Force Selections Boards (AFSBs) in the following stages:
Stage 1: Intelligence and Screening Test
Stage 2: Psychological test and personal interview
AFCAT is conducted for both men and women for granting Short Service Commission (SSC ) degree in flying branch and permanent/short service commission in technical and ground duty branches for the session commencing in July 2017 of the Indian Air Force.