What is Retail Management?
Retail Management is the process which helps the customers to procure the desired merchandise form the retail stores for their personal use. It includes all the steps required to bring the customers into the store and fulfill their buying needs.
Retail management saves time and ensures the customers easily locate their desired merchandise and return home satisfied.
Fashion Retail Management gives insight into the principles of fashion marketing, retail buying and merchandising and imparts basic fabric knowledge - from fiber to fabric and fabric to garment. It gives an overview of the concept of visual merchandising and lays emphasis on customer relationship management, brand management and sales management.
What is the scope of retail management?
Retail management has become one of the fastest growing career in the industry with the tremendous growth in the economy. Retail Market of India is the most attractive and emerging market in the world and has demanded more number of trained professionals in this field.
It strives to create a new generation of smart retail professional of international caliber and aims to equip them with the best practices being followed across the globe.
Retail Management Courses available in India:
- Diploma in Retail Management
- Bachelor of Fashion Retail Management
- MBA in Retail Management
- PG Diploma in Retail Management
- PG Diploma in Fashion Retail Management
What are the career options for Retail Management?
Retailing is a dynamic industry, comprising a vast variety of sectors and home to some of the world's biggest companies. Candidates with the retail management can start career in supervisory, client communication, merchandise shipment, sales, management and administrative services.
Retail management offers more than 2 million job opportunities across the globe.
What are the job roles?
- Retail Manager
- Store Manager
- Retail Buyer
- Supply Chain Distributer
- Marketing Executive
- Warehouse Manager
- Brand Manager
- Customer Care Executives
- Image Promoter
- Merchandise Manager
- Department Manager
Salary expectation for a retail management professional:
An average salary for a fresher in retail management is between Rs 2 lakh to 4 lakh (depending on the company offers)
Companies who hires Retail Management professionals:
- Retail Industries
- Reliance Group
- ITC Retail
- Aditya Birla Group
- Tata Groups
- Lifestyle International
- Spencers and many more companies
Who can study Retail Management course?
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 are eligible to pursue Retail Management in UG level
- Candidates who have passed bachelor's degree in relevant discipline are eligible to pursue Retail Management in master and doctoral level at Indian and foreign universities
Top Colleges / Universities in India offering Retail Management:
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research
- Birla Institute of Management Technology
- Institute of Public Enterprise
- Amity Business School
- L.N Welingkar Institute of Management, Development and Research
Top Colleges / Universities offering Retail Management abroad:
- University of Minnesota
- Purdue University
- Central Michigan University
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Florida International University