Makeup, is an entertainment industry, that is progressing as quickly as any other technical aspect. Imagine having a fun, high-paying job that lets you use your creativity to make people look good. That is what a make-up artist does, in a nutshell. Not all people around the world are born with impeccable skin or perfect looks, but, a makeup artist can transform everyone to look impeccably gorgeous.
Makeup artistry is a highly competitive industry in which success is derived from the quality of the training and your dedication to achieve the highest standard possible. Advertising, television, cinema, events promotion, fashion promotion etc. are activities where the look, appearance and grooming of individuals is very important.
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) estimates the size of the beauty and wellness market is currently at approximately Rs. 12,500 crores.
In India, it is very common for actor/actresses to have personal makeup artists. In most weddings, there will be a professional makeup artist to apply makeup for bride and groom.
Some of the private schools / colleges across the country offers makeup artist courses, which may be short-time, online and part time.
Scope of Makeup artist:
A makeup artist is intimately involved in the most important and exciting events of people's lives, from weddings to Academy Awards. Some makeup artists get to work with celebrities such as models, actors, politicians, and musicians.
Why to get certificate:
It is very important to get certificate on makeup will lead you to;
- Gain respect and reputation as a professional.
- A competitive advantage when marketing your services.
- A credential for your resume when applying for employment.
- Assurance to clients of your professionalism.
- Higher earnings
Who can apply:
Candidates who have passed class 10th or class 12th and interested towards the makeup can apply for this course.
Career / job offers for:
- Top makeup artists get paid hundreds or thousands of rupees a day for their services. A makeup artist can work for advertisements, magazines, modeling agencies, movies, music videos, runway shows, television, or theatre.
- These candidates would get jobs in the beauty industry, hotels, saloons, cosmetic units, academic institutes, fashion industry, TV and film industry. It would help not to be too choosy in the beginning of your career, till you have gained a strong foothold in the industry.
Top schools / colleges offers this course:
- Pearl Academy,
- Lakme Training Academy
- Delhi School of Beauty and Makeup
- VLCC Institute of Beauty, Health and Management
- Pivot Point Beauty School
- Orane Institute of Beauty and Wellness
- Studio Profile Academy
- FAT MU Make Up Academy