Who doesn't like to get pampered? Beauty and relaxation is a business industry that is extending for services for the rich class to the middle-class people. Everybody wants to feel rejuvenated and poise. Clubbing all sections of beauty and serving the customers the basics of the treatments is now out of fashion. As the awareness of people into the niche grooming sections increase, they seek for specific types of makeovers where spa treatment is one such type.
What is Spa Management?
Spa management is the concept of gaining expertise in spa treatments and knowing how to run a spa.
- Lifestyle management
- Day/resort spas
- Anatomy and physiology
- Skin analysis
- History of Aromatherapy
- Essential oils
What are the courses available for Spa Management?
Various courses from diploma to degree are available for spa management. Some of the courses are:
- Spa History and Evolution
- Nutrition and Skin Care Basics
- Spa Treatments and Aromatherapy
- Special Issues in Spa Management and Resort
How much can a Spa Therapist earn?
A fresher can earn Rs 10000. But depending on the certification and validity of the degree, the salary could reach a higher scale.
Career options in Spa Management
- General spa manager
- Spa designer
- Menu planner
- Personal services consultant
- Spa marketing manager
Colleges offering Spa Management courses
- Ananda Spa Institute, Hyderabad offers diploma courses in ASI Spa, Ayurvedic Spa Therapies and Ayurvedic Foundation
- Orient Spa Academy(Rajasthan and Ahmedabad) offers diploma courses in Spa Therapies, Ayurvedic Therapies and Aesthetics Treatment; certificate courses in Holistic Therapies and Spa Management
- Ispaa International Spa Academy offers diploma in Spa Management
- University of Birmingham offers BA (Hons) in Spa Management
What is the eligibility to do a course in Spa Management?
There is no pre-requisite educational qualification to do this course as such as it is more like a vocational training. The only criteria that most colleges demand is passion and patience to learn it.