Under the aegis of the Anantapur District National Education Trust, Sri Sai Baba National Degree College (Autonomous) was established on September 7, 1981.
Commonly known as SSBN Degree College, the college conferred the status of autonomous on January 27, 2005, and imparting higher education for the deserving candidates.
The college is affiliated to the Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur and was is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 2(f) & 12(B) on January 1, 1992, under Act, 1956.
It was re-accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with "A" Grade - (CGPA Score 3.05 on a 4 Point Scale in 2nd Cycle) on October 25, 2013, and it was also conferred the status of "College with Potential for Excellence (CPE)" on March 18, 2010.
Since it is a co-educational private govt. aided college, at present, the college offers undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, doctorate, and add-on courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, and Management streams with various optional specializations.
The college has achieved remarkable growth with more than 2810+ students with 18 undergraduate departments, 6 postgraduate departments and 87+ teaching staff including 10 visiting faculties along with 49 members of non-teaching staff.
- To establish a premier educational institution that imparts quality education at a very affordable fees structure to the rural and underprivileged sections keeps pace with knowledge explosion and gives employment orientation to education
- To promote a research culture among the faculty and encourage the formation of Research Centres
- To give student and faculty-friendly governance ensuring transparency
- To transform this College into a Deemed University in this perpetual drought- affected and economically backward region of Rayalaseema
- To provide quality higher education at an affordable fee structure
- To bring about progressive, qualitative reforms in pursuit of excellence
- To address the academic needs of the student community through the wide variety of courses
- To attract talented teachers and to promote research culture among them
- To make the students intellectually competent to face the competitive world of employment
- To contribute to the popularization of Science education and education in values
- To contribute to the self-development of the students and through it to the community and national development