Jamshedpur Women's College, East Singhbhum was established on 1st June 1953. It is one of the constituent autonomous colleges of Kolhan University, Chaibasa.
It is one of the premier institutions established to impart & provide in the field of higher education for the deserving candidates and prove to be a milestone in the part of progress.
The college is affiliated to Kolhan University, Chaibasa and recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 2(f) & 12(B) on 23rd April 1983 under Act, 1956. The college was recognized & conferred with the status of "College with Potential for Excellence" by UGC, New Delhi on 1st June 2006.
It is re-accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with "A" Grade - (CGPA Score 3.26 on a 4 Point Scale in 2nd Cycle) on 16th September 2011.
The college is also recognized & approved by National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), Bhubaneswar to offer B.Ed. & M.Ed. courses.
The aims and objective that the college has set for itself and has been pursuing relentlessly are basically education, all-round development of the students and enhancement of employment potential with special attention to the SC ST students.
The college offers three years undergraduate courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, & Management courses & also offer two years postgraduate courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, & Management streams under Kolhan University, Chaibasa.
The College has launched several self-financed vocational, professional and add-on courses, relevant to the regional and national needs to ensure that students get fully versed in the latest trends, technologies, and techniques and to galvanize its motto of women's Empowerment.
Apart from these courses, the college offers two years Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course for those who have completed their graduation with minimum aggregate of 50% from any recognized university are eligible to apply for this course.
Students here are admitted who completed their graduation from recognized university with at least 50% marks in major or in aggregate at the Degree level. But Scheduled Castes (S.C.), Scheduled Tribes (S.T.) & (O.B.C) candidates are to be entitled with a relaxation 5% marks ineligibility for admission.
It also offers two years Master of Education (M.Ed.) course for those who have completed their Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) with the minimum aggregate of 50% from any recognized university are eligible to apply for this course.
Students here are admitted who completed their graduation in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from recognized university with at least 50% marks in major or in aggregate at the graduation level. But Scheduled Castes (S.C.), Scheduled Tribes (S.T.) & (O.B.C) candidates are to be entitled with a relaxation 5% marks ineligibility for admission.
The college provides M.Phil and Ph.D. is Gandhian studies through its Gandhian Studies Research Center. Students from Political Science, Economics, History, Philosophy and Education can apply for the course.
- To nurture its students into individuals of strong values and equipped with skills and knowledge to face challenges and to contribute to society in effective ways
- Commitment to women’s all round development in this tribal region has spearheaded the vision to address their needs in the field of their education and empowerment. In recent times extra dimensions have been added in keeping with the new developments in the field of education, job market and other related activities to cope with the fast changing world of academics and career development
- To achieve the position of an independent Women’s University which would be the first in the region to cater to the needs of millions of underprivileged but talented women. So, embedded in these needs and aspirations the vision for the future looks determinedly forward to:-
- Create well-groomed personalities with the right value orientation
- Take our steady pace of progress further in strategic growth to make our presence felt on the national map in women’s education
- Provide scientifically oriented, intellectually stimulating, globally acknowledged, vocational course content
- Be oriented towards the promotion of all round sustainable and ethically accepted growth
- The mission is to “Empower women and make them self-reliant”. Many underprivileged talented women are provided higher education in and around Jamshedpur. This ensures the fulfillment of the objectives of the Higher Education Policies that economically and socially backward classes of the society should be uplifted