Govt. Post Graduate College, Ambala Cantonment (Ambala) was established in 1997 and has a distinction of being selected by the Govt. of Haryana as a “Centre of Excellence” along with accredited in Grade “A” by NAAC.
It is one of the premier institutions established to impart & provide in the field of higher education for the deserving candidates and prove to be a milestone in the part of progress.
The college is affiliated to Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra and recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 2(f) & 12(B) under Act, 1956.
It is re-accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with "A" Grade - (CGPA Score 3.18 on a 4 Point Scale in 2nd Cycle) on 21st February 2014.
The college aims at providing qualitative and value based education in all streams including humanities, commerce, management, science and vocational courses.
The college has always been a pioneer in introducing various innovative courses in emerging areas. The college constant endeavor is to introduce such new programmes that cater to the growing needs of the current competitive global scenario.
Besides the college aim is to uplift the mind, body, and soul of the new generations of the society. The college inspires students to translate their career based dreams into reality.
That is why the college has made its existence felt in the academic spheres. The annual results of the college have always remained above the university results.
- Think and grow, conquer the challenges and create a happier and growth oriented society
- To excel in all that it undertakes
- To pursue knowledge with commitment
- To enrich the learning experiences
- To develop skilled human resources of higher caliber
- To transform teaching learning process
- To create research oriented ambiance/ environment for the faculty and students
- To achieve transformation towards growth oriented society
- To strengthen the mind, body, and soul of the new generations of the society