Government College of Education, Raipur was established on 10th May 1956. It is one of the premier institutions to impart & provide a platform in the field of higher education for the deserving candidates and prove to be a milestone in the path of progress.
The college is affiliated to Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur and recognized Government College of Education, Raipur was established on 10th May 1956. It is one of the premier institutions to impart & provide a platform in the field of higher education for the deserving candidates and prove to be a milestone in the path of progress.
The college is affiliated to Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur and recognized National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
The college is situated in the heart of the city Raipur and offers Pre-Service Programmes for the preparation of future teachers and In-Service Programmes for professional development of existing teachers.
The institute offers two years Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course for those who have completed their graduation with minimum aggregate of 50% from any recognized university are eligible to apply for this course.
Students here are admitted who completed their graduation from recognized university with at least 50% marks in major or in aggregate at the Degree level. But Scheduled Castes (S.C.), Scheduled Tribes (S.T.) & (O.B.C) candidates are to be entitled with a relaxation 5% marks ineligibility for admission.
It also offers two years Master of Education (M.Ed) course under Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur.
Various teaching and learning techniques are being used by the faculty to impart knowledge and skills to students at Government College of Education, Raipur in its various departments.
Key roles at Government College of Education, Raipur:
- Preparation of future teachers through B.Ed course
- Professional development of the existing teachers through In-service training programmes
- Training and academic support to the teachers of secondary and Higher secondary schools in the districts under Government College of Education
- On-site support to the schools and teachers to ensure effective training programs and to capture feedback to strengthen the training further
- Empowerment of teachers with latest technologies and Innovative practices
- Supporting the RMSA: Training - In preparing orientation programs and preparing resource persons
- Developing modules for training
- Baseline survey
- Action Research and dissertation
- To be a center of excellence to create teachers of tomorrow empowered to innovate, with an aptitude for research, inclination for creativity, having the commitment, techno-savvy, with values to enable the children for holistic development in a changing global society with social, cultural and constitutional values of our country
- Effective delivery of broad, balanced and challenging curriculum
- Providing a rich program of the variety of educational and social experiences for our student teachers through a wide range of extra-curricular activities, trips visits, and special events
- Creating a stimulating, active and well-resourced learning environment
- Working collaboratively towards common goals
- Creating a tolerant, caring, supportive environment which promotes equality and mutual respect
- Providing a variety of teaching and learning pedagogies styles to stimulate all
- Offering an ethos of the challenge, support, and encouragement to succeed
- Developing soft skills among teacher educators
- Meeting the differing needs and abilities of individuals
- Promoting the creative and purposeful use of ICT and other relevant technologies
- Providing extra help for individuals who need it
- Providing opportunities which enhance the continuing professional development of staff and takes account of current educational issues
- Developing pride and commitment to the college by ensuring that the work staff does is valued