Government College of Engineering & Textile Technology (GCETTS), Serampore was established in 1908.
The college was formerly known as College of Textile Technology is one of the pioneer institutions in India in the field of Engineering and Technology.
- To maintain Standard and Academic Excellence in Textile education.
- To provide Education & Service for the development of Textile Industry.
- To fulfill commitment towards Excellence, Innovation, Customer Satisfaction through self & shared efforts.
- Admission to Hostel would be made on application, subject to the approval of the Principal.
- Hostel Superintendent may not enter a student's name in the roll of the hostel or allot him a seat, until he produces the cashier's receipt for the first installation of fees.
- A monitor will be elected from the final year students who will act as coordinator between the hostel Superintendents and students.