G.P. Government Women's College, Imphal West was also known as G.P. (Ghanapriya) Women’s College, Imphal West was established on 17th February 1965.
It is one of the premier colleges established to impart & provide in the field of higher education for the deserving candidates and prove to be a milestone on the part of progress.
The college is affiliated with the Manipur University, Canchipur and it is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 2(f) in 1980 & 12(B) in 1999 under Act, 1956.
It is re-accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with "B" Grade (CGPA Score 2.01 on a 4 Point Scale in 2nd Cycle) on 15h November 2015.
The aim of the college is to provide equal access to education for women so as to enable them to carry the gender equality into effect and motivate women for a greater involvement of them in science and technology by evolving a scientific temper and an awareness of latest technology among them
It is women's government institute, providing a regular course which is located in an urban part of Imphal West played a pioneering role in the field of higher education.
The college conferred the status of grant-in-aid college that the fees and all the facilities for the students are fixed by the government. The student's admission is done as per the Admission Criteria prescribed by the affiliating university.
The college offers three years undergraduate courses in Arts and Science streams with various specializations under Manipur University, Canchipur. Also offered several Add-On and Carrier Oriented enrichment courses.
|Bachelor of Arts||Full Time||3 Years||10+2|
|Bachelor of Science||Full Time||3 Years||10+2|